Next Energy US advises government, industry and environmental organizations on energy policy and strategy, delivering on that advice with project management services.
Our work includes developing public policy proposals; finding and developing areas of unexpected mutual interest among diverse stakeholders; conducting government liaison; identifying and assessing novel commercial opportunities and risks; performing due diligence and assessing project feasibility; developing business plans and models; and advising on market development, internal operations and strategic positioning.
Our principal’s past assignments include:
- Assessing risk and implications of electrification on natural gas distribution businesses, including under scenarios of mid-term deep decarbonization, and proposing strategic legislative, regulatory, market and R&D responses
- Advising on building-to-grid, transactive energy, and energy storage opportunities for water heating, space conditioning and other distributed loads, including strategies for R&D, regulatory and legislative approaches, and market development
- Assessing options for increasing grid flexibility, with a particular focus on facilitating an increasingly inflexible, low emissions generation mix in the mid-and long-term
- Preparing and assisting implementation of domestic and international market entry and marketing strategies for energy technology companies
- Developing business plans for expanding waste-to-energy businesses
- Modeling and assessing electricity sector capacity expansion requirements
- Due diligence and market analysis for a variety of electricity generation and distribution acquisitions
- Developing supply curves for greenhouse gas emissions abatement to identify the magnitude and volume of lowest cost opportunities
- Developing an energy asset investment and acquisition strategies
- Developing energy and water efficiency policy proposals